Friday, April 24, 2009

The Soloist

Debut: 2009
Starring: Jamie Foxx, Robert Downey Jr.
Director: Joe Wright

I was extremely fortunate to fit screening into my crazy schedule this week, but what a beautiful film it was. If you are someone who has ever had any kind of love for music, then this is the movie for you.

I read the book after Christmas, and thought the movie did a bang-up job of capturing the characters and the story. Downey stars as Steve Lopez, an LA Times columnist who finds a story (and a friend) in Nathaniel Anthony Ayers, Jr., a homeless man who once attended Julliard.

The story is beautiful, the acting is beautiful, and the music is breathtaking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jack H is trying to set me up by posting false homosexually charged messages in my 'anonymous' name on his 'Forgotten Prophets' blog. He may be doing the same elsewhere. I believe that he also plans to post a photo and a link and make it appear as if I posted that photo myself. If you happen to see this photo and know of its source, post that source here. There may be criminal activity involved.