Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Empire

Debut: 2008
Director: Rob Cohen
Starring: Brendan Fraser, Jet Li, Maria Bello, Luke Ford

So this was pretty entertaining, and I don't often use entertaining and "good" interchangeably, and I won't in this case either. The movie keeps you occupied, but if you're a thinker, as I often am, you're going to find a lot wrong with the film.

There happened to be numerous plot holes and impossibilities (so many white people in China in the 1940s? Doubtful...) but it was worth watching.

That being said, I have to comment on this Luke Ford fellow. He's like a younger Matt Damon (exactly) and it's too adorable. I love it.

I have to say, going off of that, it was ridiculously annoying that this kid (who is clearly in his mid-20's) is playing Brendan Fraser's son. This is an all-too-common occurrence on the CW, yeah, but I would have thought better of the Mummy creators. They could have toned it down and found someone who was in their teens to play the son (although, again, I didn't totally mind...) but nuff said.

This one is more worth your time to rent than to shell out $9 to see in the theaters. P.S. the abominable snowmen (called Yettis) are AWESOME.

No comments: