Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Iron Man

Debut: 2008
Director: Jon Favreau
Starring: Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Jeff Bridges, Terrence Howard

I am positive everyone knows by now that I loved this movie. I've never seen a movie twice in theaters, but I definitely saw this one three times, so far. There's nothing I didn't love about it. I thought every little thing was spot on, and I will totally go into more detail.

Downey plays Tony Stark, a billionaire who owns a weapons company. After being captured by terrorists, he builds a suit of iron in a cave in Afghanistan. In a cave! I loved that particular part because I thought it was completely badass that someone could build that thing in a cave.

Anywho, after escaping, he comes home and decides to use his brilliance for the good of those his weapons have endangered. After building a new and improved version of his iron suit, he flies (not in a plane, again badass) back to Afghanistan to wipe out the missiles that have wrongly landed in the hands of terrorists.

I'm not going to say much more, even though people surely already know the rest of the story, but I thought everything about this movie was awesome, and I'm thoroughly looking forward to comic book movies because of it. I love this whole "we're going to cast good actors in these comic book movies" because, darn it, they are worthy! No more second-rate actors in over hyped movies - we have a lot to look forward to here.

I have yet to meet someone who didn't love Downey's performance, which essentially is the movie. Here's looking forward to No. 2!

No comments: