Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Juno

Debut: 2007
Director: Jason Reitman
Starring: Ellen Page, Michael Cera

I have to say this one was extremely likable, but be careful if you think you're getting a comedy. The movie was mostly advertised and promoted as a comedy, but I would argue that it wasn't that funny - which by no means is saying it wasn't good.

I loved the story, and the characters were adorable. And again, not to be harsh, but I don't totally understand why Ellen Page was up for Best Actress. That's not to slam her by any means, because I really like her, but she seemed to be pretty herself, and didn't have to act much at all. I could be wrong, but the character seemed a lot like her.

It's worth a watch, and I'll let you decide. I liked it for more of a drama or "coming of age tale" but definitely don't call it a comedy.

No comments: