Saturday, July 5, 2008

Chapter 27

Debut: 2007
Director: J.P. Schaefer
Starring: Jared Leto, Lindsay Lohan

I'm going to start off and say that I am a pretty big Beatles fan, but not so much of John Lennon. I don't really have a beef with the guy, but I definitely don't think he was bigger than Jesus.

This movie is about Mark David Chapman, who shot and killed John Lennon. The film takes place over three-four days before Chapman killed him, and basically goes inside his brain leading up to it.

Leto's performance was unforgettable, as I'm sure you've heard. He put on 30+ pounds for the role, and did a complete physical and mental transformation to really put himself in the shoes.

I would say the story is going to be about as interesting as those three or four days could have been, which isn't terribly interesting. I'm not really knocking it, because it is an interesting subject, it just gets hard to watch a crazy man's rambling after a while.

No comments: