Monday, July 14, 2008

The Muppet Show: Season One

Everything: Frank Oz and Jim Henson


Okay, I know what you're thinking. Most people who grew up around my age don't know that the Muppets are a far cry from Sesame Street - many, in fact, believe they are one in the same. But fact of the matter is the Muppets were originally created as an adult puppet show (wow that sounds bad.)

Anywho, I'm going to say it's worth it for the following reasons:

1. The music - in case you didn't know, they had a guest star on every week and the musical selections are quite entertaining.
2. Statler and Waldorf - they are the guys who sit up in the balcony and make fun of everyone else. Hilarious. And my idea of fun.
3. Pepe the King Prawn - I actually don't think I saw him in this season, but he is still one of my favorite characters. He's the little shrimp-looking guy who says "okay" after everything. I wish I could speak like that, okay.

Well, I guess those are my main reasons. But in case you don't believe me, youtube it. P.S. - "Mah-na mah-na" is the very first Muppet act of all time. If that's not worth your time then I don't know what is.

No comments: