Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Game 6

Debut: 2005
Director: Michael Hoffman
Starring: Michael Keaton, Robert Downey Jr.

Whoa, I didn't think Michael Keaton had made anything since Batman.... thanks for proving me wrong, man. Please see that comment as harmless, because he was basically amazing in this film.

Keaton plays this guy Nicky who writes plays for a living and has one coming out soon, and lives in fear of a horrible review from Steven Schwimmer (Downey). Downey tells the honest-to-God-awful truth in his reviews, so he lives in isolation and wears disguises when he leaves his building.

Anywho, Nicky is also obsessed with the Red Sox - to the point he misses his own play's opening night. He leaves the bar (after watching the losing game six....) furious without even knowing Schwimmer's impression of his play, wants to kill Schwimmer (finds him with Nicky's daughter....yikes!) and they end up working things out because they are both Red Sox fans. Maybe that last bit was a SPOILER ALERT. I didn't even realize it until I wrote it. Sorry.

Well, basically everything was great. It was easy on the eyes, easy on the head, and that's how I like it. Ooh, and it was short. You can tell I spend my days watching Blues Clues with the boys when I complain about most movies being too long or too much action. But this one was adorable, and completely worth your time.

No comments: