Saturday, July 5, 2008

A Scanner Darkly

Debut: 2006
Director: Richard Linklater
Starring: Keanu Reeves, Winona Ryder, Robert Downey Jr., Woody Harrelson

I'm going to give you the plot line according to imdb.com because I don't think I could rightly explain it myself. "An undercover cop in a not-too-distant future becomes involved with a dangerous new drug and begins to lose his own identity as a result."

That's the most of it, but it's extremely interesting a) because it was based on a graphic novel and b) because it involves technology that basically transformed the actors and world into a graphic novel-looking world. At first this tech kind of freaked me out, but I think when you get used to it, it's pretty awesome.

Aside from the whole graphic novel-ness, the acting was amazing. I loved it - every last bit.

This one's not going to be for everyone, so watch out if you're one of those.

No comments: