Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Looking forward to..... The Dark Knight

Debut: 2008
Director: Christopher Nolan
Starring: Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Michael Caine, Aaron Eckhart

Who isn't looking forward to this? The God-awful thing about this movie is this massive debate is going to ensure as to whether or not it's amazing because Heath Ledger died. I expect it will be a big deal, as it already is.

I have to say, when I first saw the photos of the Joker (before he died) I was already in awe. And I hated (I say hated!) Batman Begins, but I immediately thought I could open my mind up to this one. I think the Joker is, hands down, one of the most amazing transformations an actor has probably ever made, and I can only hope and pray it will be legendary someday.

I feel like it will be oh-so-hard to judge this film. I think it will be awesome. I do! But I think there are going to be so many nay-sayers who are going to say America feels guilty about Heath Ledger and we're just trying to make up for it by saying how awesome this movie was. I think it will be a big challenge and a huge issue, for real. This issue will be more important than the general election at some point, I'm sure.

Fact of the matter is comic book movies have taken this massive turn for the best, minus the Hulk. We already know how I feel about that one. I don't doubt for a second that this one will be amazing, and you should expect a post in a few weeks saying as much.

No comments: