Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

Debut: 2001
Director: Kevin Smith
Starring: Jason Mewes, Kevin Smith, a bunch of random celebrities

So basically I love most Kevin Smith movies (and by most I mean all but this one...) yeah it wasn't so great. I normally find Jay and Silent Bob hilarious, but yeah. This just didn't do it for me.

I think a lot of the parodies were pretty off-key. Yeah they weren't good at all, I would say. There's a fine art to doing parodies, which SNL proves from being on the air for 33 years, and Kevin Smith did not seem to find that fine-tuning. I'm not going to bash him, I'm sure he knows it's not his best.

And it's a little ironic that he made fun of all of his other amazing movies in this one - the one that wasn't so amazing. I don't really know what to say, but if you're a Kevin Smith fan, you're only going to be disappointed.

No comments: