Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Soapdish

Debut: 1991
Director: Michael Hoffman
Starring: Sally Field, Kevin Kline, Whoopi Goldberg, Robert Downey Jr., Elizabeth Shue

My gosh, I finally understand that clip that is always in a Scene It? question.

I don't feel like talking about the plot, so I won't. But I liked it, quite a bit. This one was extremely witty - which is more my kind of humor. In no way is it laugh-out-loud humor (have I mentioned I HATE the phrase LOL?) but in no way does that ever mean a movie isn't funny. This one was extremely funny.

I haven't really seen many Kevin Kline movies (except Wild Wild West when I was like 10.... I don't want to talk about that...) , and he was excellent. I mean he was great. Actually, everyone was great so I don't want to single him out. This was Sally Field when she still played more cutesy characters and less serious Mom characters.

The entire movie was adorable, and I'm thinking I'm going to have to take a peek at it again sometime. Check it out for yourself.

No comments: