Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sherrybaby

Debut: 2006
Director: Laurie Collyer
Starring: Maggie Gyllenhaal

Um, I would side on the "liked it" side, but I'm not completely sure. I don't know that I would watch it again, which generally is my personal indicator as to whether I liked it or not. Hmm.

Well, it's about this girl who gets released from prison on a drug charge and ends up in a transition house. She's extremely trashy and supposedly only wants a better life for her and her daughter.

It's just plain hard to watch I suppose. Just not my style, not my thing, not anything I could ever relate to, so maybe that makes it a little bit harder to sit through. Gyllenhaal plays the kind of girl you would frown upon and the movie, in no way, ever makes you feel bad for her or relate to her at all. You still kind of just judge her and don't really think that she makes anything better for her life.

Whatev.

No comments: